Peppermint Seed Balls
Peppermint, Mentha piperita, is a favorite for it's fresh and spicy flavor and aroma. It can be used in any number of teas, drinks, and dishes. It's certainly a handy herb to keep around fresh! Careful with this one, because it can be weedy, even out competing lawns and established ground covers. We recommend planting it in a container that is lifted off the soil to prevent runners from establishing.
Like all our herbs, these are non-GMO.
- Pick a spot that gets good sun.
- Plant after the risk of frost, but before Mid June. You can also sow peppermint in windowsill gardens. Sow peppermint seed balls in container, as it spreads readily.
- Keep peppermint moist while germinating. Peppermint seedlings are very tiny, but grow quickly.
- Water when the soil gets dry.
- Harvest peppermint leaves and use fresh in teas, cocktails, and confections. When coming into seed, harvest by cutting an inch above soil and dry in the sun. Store cool and dry for tea.
We Also Recommend