Radish Seed Balls (Watermelon Radish)
Watermelon Radish is an absolutely brilliant vegetable for introducing kids to gardening. It's colorful, fast, crispy, and mild.
It is an heirloom variety of the traditional Asian Daikon radish. It grows quickly and has a light crisp texture. Much milder than the little red radishes that many American markets carry.
Like all our veggies, these are non-GMO.
- Pick a spot that gets good sun. Watermelon radishes like rich organic soil!
- Plant after the risk of frost, but before Mid June.
- Sow watermelon radish seed balls 6 inches apart.
- Water when the soil gets dry.
- Quick to mature, harvest watermelon radish about 25 days after planting.
We Also Recommend